RACE CHECK-IN/ONSITE REGISTRATION
- Online registration closes at noon on Sat, Feb. 10, 2018. You can also register at the Kahtoola office (431 S. River Run Rd.) on Fri, Feb. 9 from 3–6 p.m. and Sat, Feb. 10 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Check in, pick up your race bib, race bag and other goodies.
- You are welcome to check in for friends and family if they are unable to do so themselves.
- No bibs will be taken up the mountain, so you MUST get them at Kahtoola.
- Carpool and arrive no earlier than 4:30 p.m. to allow the parking lot to clear out from guests skiing during the day. If you arrive early, it is possible you will be held at the bottom of the mountain.
- Flagstaff Subaru Fun Climb: $25. (Kids 12 and under race for free with a registered adult.)
- Loven Contracting Midway Climb: $55.
- Lumberyard Brewing Co. Agassiz and Double Midway Climb: $75.
- (If you register by Fri, Jan. 26 you’ll receive a beer/soda ticket at packet pick up.)
RACE MEETING AND RACE START
- Pre-race meeting in Hart Prairie Lodge at 5:15 p.m.
- Race is set to start at 5:30 p.m. at the Grand Canyon Express across from Hart Prairie Lodge.
- All courses will start and end at the Grand Canyon Express.
COURSE ROUTES AND UPDATED INFORMATION
*Due to a weak winter and lack of snow the course routes for this year’s Kahtoola Uphill have changed. PLEASE SEE BELOW:
- Flagstaff Subaru Fun Climb: Up Southern Bell and down North Star. (Traction only; no skinning.)
- Loven Contracting Midway Climb: Up Round Up to Agassiz to Phoenix to Ridge to Midway Catwalk and down Logjam to Wild Turkey to Round Up (formerly Lower Bowl). (Traction or skinning only.)
- Lumberyard Brewing Co. Agassiz Climb: Up North Star (no longer Southern Belle as of 2/9) to Stump Patch to the top of Upper Ridge, then back down Upper Ridge, to and across the Midway Catwalk to the Yogi Catwalk, down Dutchman and Route 66, and across Santa Fe and down Round Up. (Traction only; no skinning.)
- Double Midway Climb: Two laps. (Skinning and splitboarding only.)
- First lap: Midway climb to Agassiz Lodge.
- Second lap: Up Agassiz to Phoenix to Ridge to Midway Catwalk and going down Logjam to Wild Turkey to Round Up (formerly Lower Bowl) to finish at Grand Canyon Express.
- Time cut-off for Double Midway Climb: First lap must be completed in 45 minutes or less.
*Even if it dumps snow between now and the day of the race, these changes WILL remain in effect.
BAFFLES AND CHIP TIMING
- Please be aware that there will be baffling in two spots on the course: Logjam/Boo Boo and Lower North Star to the finish arch.
- Skiers stay to the left and runners/hikers stay to the right. (Please note these efforts have been made to make the course safer for all racers.)
- Racers will be chipped for timing purposes. (You MUST cross the finish to have your time recorded.)
KING AND QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAIN
- Going back to our roots, when the Uphill only went up, we will celebrate the first male and female to reach the top of the mountain in the Agassiz Climb.
- Headlamps and water bottles are highly recommended.
- No pets or alcohol on the race courses.
- Keep an eye on the weather and dress appropriately. ARIZONA SNOWBOWL WEATHER