Price increase February 2, 2017, at Midnight $10 per individual (Starting February 3, 2017, price will increase $10 per individual)
General Kahtoola Uphill Information
- 10th Annual Kahtoola Uphill: Saturday,February 11, 2017, at the Arizona Snowbowl
- Start Time: 5:15pm Sunset Lift
- Race Number and race bag pick-up at Kahtoola Headquarters 431 S River Run Road – February 10, 2017, from 4-6pm and Saturday, February 11 (Race day) from 10am-1pm (NO Race Numbers will be available for pick-up at Arizona Snowbowl)
- Racers receive a Kahtoola Uphill shirt at check-in along with race bag.
- Price increase February 2, 2017, at Midnight $10 per individual (Starting February 3, 2017, price, will increase $10 per individual).
- Please note to ensure racer safety, the Agassiz Climb has two cut off times enforced by Arizona Snowbowl staff. You will be disqualified if cut off times are not met.
- 1st Cut off Agassiz Climb 50 Minute cut off – Ridgeway and Upper Ridge split – If you are not to this point in the course 50 minutes after the race starts you will be disqualified and will be required to follow the Midway Course back down to the lodge.
- 2nd Cut off Agassiz Climb 1 hour 15 minutes cut off- Top of Agassiz Chair Lift – If you are not to this point by 1 hour 15 minutes after race start you will be disqualified and be required to download on the chairlift.
Suggested Items, Rules and Gear 2017
- Helmets for Skinning & Splitboard strongly suggested.
- Hiking Poles
- Appropriate Clothing for conditions
- MICROspikes® footwear traction
- Skis with Skins (skins can come off at top of mountain to ski down)
- What you use to go up the mountain, you must use to come down.
- No sledding down the mountain
- No alcohol on the mountain
- No bringing in personal alcohol
- No drinking in parking lot
- No Snowboarding down unless you use a splitboard to get up the mountain