RACE CHECK-IN/ONSITE REGISTRATION
- Online registration closes at 6 p.m. on Thu, Feb. 8, 2018. After that, all registration will be held at Kahtoola (431 S. River Run Rd.) on Fri, Feb. 9 from 3–6 p.m. and Sat, Feb. 10 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Check in, pick up your race bib, race bag and other goodies.
- You are welcome to check in for friends and family if they are unable to do so themselves.
- No bibs will be taken up the mountain, so you MUST get them at Kahtoola.
- Carpool and arrive no earlier than 4:30 p.m. to allow the parking lot to clear out from guests skiing during the day. If you arrive early, it is possible you will be held at the bottom of the mountain.
- Flagstaff Subaru Fun Climb: $25. (Kids 12 and under race for free with a registered adult.)
- Loven Contracting Midway Climb: $55.
- Lumberyard Brewing Co. Agassiz and Double Midway Climb: $75.
- (If you register by Fri, Jan. 26 you’ll receive a beer/soda ticket at packet pick up.)
RACE MEETING AND RACE START
- Pre-race meeting in Hart Prairie Lodge at 5:15 p.m.
- Race is set to start at 5:30 p.m. at the Grand Canyon Express across from Hart Prairie Lodge.
- All courses will start and end at the Grand Canyon Express.
COURSE ROUTES AND UPDATED INFORMATION
*Due to a weak winter and lack of snow the course routes for this year’s Kahtoola Uphill have changed. PLEASE SEE BELOW:
- Flagstaff Subaru Fun Climb: Up Southern Bell and down North Star. (Traction only; no skinning.)
- Loven Contracting Midway Climb: Up Round Up to Agassiz to Phoenix to Ridge to Midway Catwalk and down Logjam to Wild Turkey to Round Up (formerly Lower Bowl). (Traction or skinning only.)
- Lumberyard Brewing Co. Agassiz Climb: Traditional course route. (Traction only; no skinning.)
- Double Midway Climb: Two laps. (Skinning and splitboarding only.)
- First lap: Midway climb to Agassiz Lodge.
- Second lap: Up Agassiz to Phoenix to Ridge to Midway Catwalk and going down Logjam to Wild Turkey to Round Up (formerly Lower Bowl) to finish at Grand Canyon Express.
- Time cut-off for Double Midway Climb: First lap must be completed in 45 minutes or less.
* Please also note that there will be NO TRAINING RUNS for this year’s Kahtoola Uphill.
*Even if it dumps snow between now and the day of the race, these changes WILL remain in effect.
- Maps coming soon!
BAFFLES AND CHIP TIMING
- Please be aware that there will be baffling in two spots on the course: Logjam/Boo Boo and Lower North Star to the finish arch.
- Skiers stay to the left and runners/hikers stay to the right. (Please note these efforts have been made to make the course safer for all racers.)
- Racers will be chipped for timing purposes. (You MUST cross the finish to have your time recorded.)
KING AND QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAIN
- Going back to our roots, when the Uphill only went up, we will celebrate the first male and female to reach the top of the mountain in the Agassiz Climb.
- Headlamps and water bottles are highly recommended.
- No pets or alcohol on the race courses.
- Keep an eye on the weather and dress appropriately. ARIZONA SNOWBOWL WEATHER